Monday, April 11, 2011

Dovespa

Such a positive experience I had at Dovespa this past weekend! Yes, Dove has spas everywhere! I didn't know that until my friend texted me to register on www.dovespa.ca for a free skin analysis and 30 minute facial :) We added $20 and extended our facial to 60 minutes + a treat. My friend and I were 10 minutes late but they still greeted us warmly, got us to fill out the forms and did not cut our appointment short. Typical spa facilities, but the atmosphere was great. I like how Dove does not emphasize much on drastic changes to our appearances but to accept, embrace and enhance them to suit our inner self. Very idealistic though a good reminder of how our self worth is not solely placed on how we look on the outside.
The guests' lounge
I was in love with the heated beds that fold at the waist and knees. So comfortable. I wish my bed was like that :/ The aestheticians were great at explaining the findings from the skin analysis and gave some tips for improving/maintaining my skin. They chose the facial products based on the skin analysis and my particular needs. For me, I had low oil and low moisture in most areas of my face, thankfully not as low as my skin test results from December at Vichy Labs in Hong Kong. Anyhow, my results were not great because the sebum on the face is supposed to be slightly acidic to keep my skin immune to pathogens. Maybe that's why I have been getting acne here and there! 

She chose the Quench Collection for my skin to improve my skin's natural barrier and dryness. Lots of nourishing ingredients: starflower oilpanthenol and aloe vera for moisture and soothing, pomegranate extract for antioxidative effects... everything was very mild. My cheeks simply "ate up all of the The Food for Thought mask!" The Count Your Blessings day cream left my face very soft, supple and moist. Even my boyfriend noticed something different when he picked me up after the appointment (tried hard to persuade him to go too but ah... he won't do it).

Good pressure with my neck massage too. I wish it was longer. The treats were great! It was too bad that I could only choose one out of: eyebrow tint, facial peel, hand/foot scrub/mask, head and scalp massage, nail file and polish, and many more that I couldn't remember! The aestheticians were very pleasant to have throughout the facial and did not pressure us into buying their products. I appreciate how they gave me a copy of my skin diagnostics results and the list of products used. 

I didn't buy the products right away because I needed to see how my face would react to them since my skin is moderately sensitive, and see if they are really worth the price. I did get one or two tiny whiteheads, though definitely nothing compared to my reaction to other products. I think I will wait till I am done with my skincare products (well at least give them a few weeks of testing) before purchasing the products. 

Blossoming flower tea after facial

Have you booked your appointment yet? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment