Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Review: Singer Brilliance 6180

The simple stitch sewing machine I bought from Wal-mart doesn't work anymore and my family's old Euro-pro sewing machine was never so pro to begin with. Having seen my frustrations with my sewing fun coming to a halt, my dad surprised me with this sewing machine last week. He got it from Costco at $140CAD. It was on sale!

It is such an awesome toy to have around home when there's nothing else to do. I am a beginner in sewing and honest to say, this sewing machine saved my hemming expenses. The manual is not too user friendly because of all the different languages on the same page instead of having instructions in different languages in separate sections. However, it is very easy to use. I have already hemmed pants of knit, denim, cotton, and stretchy material. Finished making curtains and a fleece blanket. No problems at all. I even tried making the button hole and sewing on buttons. Very simple and quick. 8 presser feet! Only three bobbins, but that's okay for now... only need black and white so far anyways. Oh and it is "hand picked by Martha" haha. I can't wait to start other sewing projects. It better last for decades, as many other Singer sewing machines have :)

No comments:

Post a Comment